S’mores make the perfect winter treat for kids of all ages. How do you make them even more delicious? Try making your s’mores from scratch with Chef Brian’s recipes for homemade graham crackers and homemade marshmallows.
8 tablespoons soft butter
¼ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons honey
1 cup flour
¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cream the butter, sugars, and honey.
- Sift the dry ingredients together, and add until just combined.
- Work dough until it holds together.
- Roll between parchment papers.
- Prick dough with a fork and chill.
- Bake 325-350 for 10 minutes.
- Cut and bake another 4-5 minutes until crisp. Let cool.
2 oz powdered sugar (plus more for dusting)
1 package unflavored gelatin
½ cup of water
1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Dust a 9” x 13” baking pan with powdered sugar.
- Bloom the gelatin in cold water.
- Combine the water, sugar and corn syrup and boil to 240 degrees using a candy thermometer.
- While the sugar is cooking, whip the egg whites to soft peaks.
- Add the bloomed gelatin to the hot sugar to dissolve.
- Slowly pour the sugar onto the whipping egg whites and whip until room temp.
- Whip the meringue until lukewarm and add the vanilla extract.
- Pour the marshmallow batter onto the parchment paper. Then dust the top with more powdered sugar.
- Let sit until firm at room temperature, 6 hours to overnight. Cut as desired.