Looking for a new way to bake your bird? Chef Brian shares his turkey breast recipe just in time for Thanksgiving.
Breast of Turkey with Spices
1 large turkey breast
1/2 onion chopped
1 rib celery chopped
1 carrot chopped
1 bay leaf
1 sprig thyme
5 black peppercorns
4 cups chicken stock
1 T tomato paste
1/2 lb chicken bones or turkey carcass chopped into pieces
2 T olive oil
2 T butter
salt and pepper to taste
1 T coriander
1 T cumin
1 T cinnamon
1 T mace
1 T ginger
1 large pinch saffron
1. Pat the turkey breast with the spice mixture and a little salt and pepper.
2. Sauté in a deep pan over medium heat in a little olive oil and butter. turn over and cook the
other side. Remove to a roasting pan and cook in an oven at 375F until done 30-40
3. In the same pan, add the chopped vegetables, hebs and tomato paste and brown slightly
over medium heat. Add the chicken bones and color everything. Add a few spoonfuls of
the leftover spice mixture.
4. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer until reduced by
5. Strain the sauce into a clean pot.
6. Remove the turkey from the oven and let rest 10 minutes. Meanwhile, bring the sauce to a
boil and whisk in the butter.
7. Slice the turkey and spoon the sauce over. Serve.
Get the play-by-play as Chef Brian walks you through the recipe in this video from WLOS’ Carolina Kitchen.
What are you serving for Thanksgiving?